The G.A.T.E. Photography Expands to Two Photo Studios in Houston, TX
LeDarrius Wiggins moved to Houston with a vision for photography and videography. Read on to learn what inspires this successful entrepreneur who now operates two photo studios in Houston, TX.
1. Where are you from?
Born in Pensacola Florida and was raised in Dallas, Texas
2. How long have you been practicing your craft?
I have been practicing photography for over 10 years now.
3. Who has influenced you? Favorite greats?
When I started out I was more into videography so groups like Motion Family, Jordan Towers, Mr. Boomtown, and a huge one was Hype Williams. When it comes to photography I’m more inspired by my peers that I personally know. I also have to mention Master P. He is probably my biggest overall influence.
4. Why did you choose this route?
I’ve always wanted to be behind the scenes. I was really into music and instead of trying to take rapping seriously, I thought I felt I would much rather be the “rappers” video/photo person.
5. How would you describe your projects or brand?
My brand is all about expressing yourself. I capture who the person is or who they are trying to portray. I look at like capturing a moment in time that lasts forever. With the name being Greatness Achieved Through Experience I focus heavily on the experience of the shoot. Making it one to remember.
6. How would you describe your fan base? Who would you like to reach?
My fanbase feels like my family. It’s people just like me. They look like me, talk like me, and we can relate to almost everything.
7. Are you acquainted with any clothing lines? Any other products or services?
I have my own clothing brand. F.A.I.T.H. Clothing Brand. The name stands for Full Assurance In The Heart. Which means whatever you want to do in life, know that it’s possible and it’s nothing that can stop you.
8. Do you have any other projects or businesses you’re working on? If so, feel free to explain.
I’m venturing over into real estate investment. My studio brand is something I have a few unique concepts I would look to spread around the world.
9. What or who motivates you?
My family motivates me. Waking up each day and looking for ways to provide have increased my intensity to chase these goals. Before I was motivated mainly to prove to myself that I could do everything I put my mind to. I never wanted to just be talking, I wanted to make the things I say come to reality.
10. Who do you plan to influence with your work?
I plan on influencing those who are just now starting their journey. The beginners, being an example to them.
11. What do you think is your purpose in life?
My purpose in life is to experience and give knowledge based on what I have been through.
12. What is the title of your latest work of art? When did you release it? Or when will you?
The last project I was working on was called The Lifestyles of the Fresh & Average. It’s a docu-series about the behind the scenes of the entertainment business.
13. How often do you showcase your work? Where do you showcase? Where would you like to take your brand?
At the moment I am currently not showing any of my work.
14. Name people or brands in your industry you’ve had the pleasure of working with.
Two major brands I have worked for was Mathew Knowles with his company Music World & Derrick McKinney with his company L.O.U.D. Muzik.
15. How did you come up with your stage/business name?
After dropping out of college I felt like I didn’t need school. I just needed to get out in the world and get some experience. I’m a huge fan of acronyms so I thought to name my company Greatness Achieved Through Experience.
16. What is your favorite part about being in your industry? Least favorite?
My favorite part about being in this industry is the flexibility I have in my life. My career fits every part of my life. My least favorite thing about this industry is the weirdos you sometimes encounter.
17. What are your plans after success?
I look forward to retirement. Being able to enjoy life and watch my kids and legacy grow.