From horoscopes to tarot card readings, meet Solaris the Hii Priestess- the spiritual healer.1. Where are you from?
I am from Austin, Texas.2. How long have you been practicing your craft?
I have been publicly doing Tarot readings for 8 years.
3. Who has influenced you? Favorite greats?
The women in my family grandmothers, mothers and aunts because they have have very deep, pure spiritual gifts. I absolutely love Marie Laveau, & Frida Khalo.
4. Why did you choose this route?
This route choose me ! I was originally a teacher who felt like I didn’t have a purpose. I loved working with children but I felt like I wasn’t honoring what I was teaching them. I told them that they could be anything they wanted to be and that they should be fearless and confident. I always loved metaphysical teachings and practiced in my personal time. One Halloween I got presented with an opportunity to do tarot readings and the rest is history. I quit my job 4 months later because my opportunities started to grow.
5. How would you describe your projects or brand?
Genuine, passionate, connected and empathetic. I put my whole heart into everything that I do. I love people and I love being of service to the community.
6. How would you describe your fan base? Who would you like to reach?
I would describe my tribe as transparent, vulnerable and empowering.
7. Are you acquainted with any clothing lines? Any other products or services?
I have a Holistic Medicine business Called Medicine Mamba. I offer over 30 different natural remedies for anything you need. I also have sea moss and different spiritual supplies including sage, palo Santo, ancestor money etc
8. Do you have any other projects or businesses you’re working on? If so, feel free to explain.
I have my medicine Mamba brand , a podcast called Tarot Talk live and working on my own show called Tarot Request Live
9. What or who motivates you?
My family motivates me because leaving a legacy means a lot to me. I want my future generations to see that they had a family member who fought for their dream and what they believe in.
10. Who do you plan to influence with your work?
Everyone who seeks spiritual freedom.
11. What do you think is your purpose in life?
To heal and be healed. To free people from spiritual imprisonment and encourage people to find there true self.
12. What is the title of your latest work of art? When did you release it? Or when will you?
My latest project has not been released yet but it will be my own show which includes spirituality and food.
13. How often do you showcase your work? Where do you showcase? Where would you like to take your brand?
I showcase my work everyday on social media mainly Instagram. I am manifesting that my brand will grow into a store.
14. Name people or brands in your industry you’ve had the pleasure of working with.
I have worked with incredible local artists in Austin, Texas but I have also worked with major magazines including Timeout, Bustle and Instyle. I have also been apart of major music festivals like Mala Luna and SXSW.
15. How did you come up with your stage/business name?
My partner at the time came up with the name Solaris and I came up the hii priestess because she is my favorite tarot card in the deck. She represents wisdom, intuition and the mysterious unknown, and magic.
16. What is your favorite part about being in your industry? Least favorite?
I love being a student and a master of my craft. I love the trust that people but in me to help them find peace and clarity.
17. What are your plans after success?
To keep evolving and growing and staying disciplined to spirit.