MUSE x Madeylon partnered with Anais Magazine for a stunning cover photo shoot for our Spring issue. Although new to the fashion industry, her love for creativity allowed her to create fashion pieces for our models in less than one month. Learn about the fashion designer responsible for the inspirational and eclectic collection featured throughout AMAG.
1. Where are you from?
2. How long have you been practicing your craft?
A little over a year.
3. Who has influenced you? Favorite greats?
Solange is one of my biggest fashion icon. I love her style and the way she defines fashion. one of my goals is to work with her.
4. Why did you choose this route?
I choose this route because I love to create and I also love fashion. I put those two together the way I felt would be challenge and interest me.
5. How would you describe your projects or brand?
My brand is just starting out. But I would describe my brand as a posh earthy and elegant style.
6. How would you describe your fan base? Who would you like to reach?
My fans are women who are 25-55. Any woman who enjoys dressing up and wearing vibrant colors and wants to express themselves through garments.
7. Are you acquainted with any clothing lines? Any other products or services?
yes! I am currently interning with a local fashion designer here in Houston! Kyra Unfltrd.
8. Do you have any other projects or businesses you’re working on? If so, feel free to explain.
Yes! I am working on launching my website with a new collection of ready to wear designs!
9. What or who motivates you?
My son, I always have him in mind when I am working. I want to show him that anything is possible when you are determined and output work in.
10. Who do you plan to influence with your work?
Young women across the world.
11. What do you think is your purpose in life?
To make beautiful garments, inspire people and take care of my family.
12. What is the title of your latest work of art? When did you release it? Or when will you?
My last was collection was a read to wear line that was titled “ Browns, Cremes and Prints” it’s was a beautiful collection of rich browns, memorizing prints and hues of Cremes.
13. How often do you showcase your work? Where do you showcase? Where would you like to take your brand?
I try to showcase my brand on social media as much as I can right now, I’ll be doing more events soon! So stay tuned.
14. Name people or brands in your industry you’ve had the pleasure of working with.
Kyra Unfltrd and UH NAAP fashion show.
15. How did you come up with your stage/business name?
Well everything around me starts with a M. So I wanted something that fit my life letter. I came up with Muse.
16. What is your favorite part about being in your industry? Least favorite?
My most favorite part is I love doing what I do. I have total creative control! My least favorite would be late nights on the sewing machine lol.
17. What are your plans after success?
Obtain residual income and set my son up for life.